TMJ disorder can be a very painful and debilitating problem. When the area of the temporomandibular joint is out of alignment, it can cause symptoms throughout the entire body. Palm Beach Gardens dentist, Dr. Rudnick offers comfortable and fast treatment of TMJ disorders.
Are you experiencing any of the following?
- Tension or migraine headaches
- Sore muscles in the face and jaw
- Clicking and popping noises in the jaw joint
- Pain in the neck, shoulders and upper back
- Ringing in the ears
- Dizziness or vertigo
- Tingling of the arms or fingertips
Many patients who suffer from the symptoms of TMJ disorder spend years seeking treatment from physicians and physical therapists. They are often offered medications or suggestions to treat the symptoms, but the underlying cause goes unnoticed.
Life-Changing TMJ Treatment in Palm Beach Gardens
Dr. Rudnick treats the cause of TMJ disorder, rather than just the symptoms. The goal is to permanently free you from the aches and pains associated with the disorder.
Some of the most successful TMJ treatments include adjusting the bite through the use of orthotics or orthodontics, thus restoring the teeth and jaws to their correct and most comfortable positions.
Typically, treatment will involve the following:
- Relieve muscle pain and spasms– Dr. Rudnick will use computerized muscle relaxing instruments (TENS Unit) to determine your correct bite, resting position and path of closure.
- Stabilize the bite–Dr. Rudnick uses state-of-the-art technology to determine if your symptoms are caused by malocclusion (misaligned bite) and to find the optimal position for your jaw.
- Manage the bite long-term– a plan is put into place that will continue to monitor and adjust treatment to keep your bite aligned in it’s most comfortable postion.
This thorough and effective treatment by our Palm Beach Gardens TMJ dentist has beenlife-changing for many of our patients. Please contact our office today to schedule an informative TMJ treatment consultation with Dr. Rudnick. Your pain-free life is waiting!